Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nora and I went to see Marley and Me today. It was cute. But take a Kleenex! I didn't know what the movie was about at all. I felt very bad and leaned over to Nora and said I am so sorry, I didn't know what this movie was about. For those of you that don't know My friend Nora lost her son last Sunday night and his funeral was Friday. Today was her first day without family around and I didn't want her to be alone so I said lets go to the movie and she was all for it. Parents aren't suppose to have to bury their children, it is suppose to be the other way around. This is Nora's second son that has passed away so she hasn't had the best life but she still has a smile on her face. We have been friends for 14 years now. It is a great friendship that we have and I am so thankful for our friendship. We have a lot of fun together and are always there for each other. Nora's son had been a quadriplegic for the last ten years. I have never seen such a devoted mother. He had to live in a facility across town but every single week she would go visit him after work on Wednesdays and every Saturday. Sometimes every day when he was in the hospital, he would get pneumonia a lot from being a quadriplegic. Nora you are a great mother and don't you ever forget that! Your devotion to Michael was something you should be very proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment